Starting Saturday, Marylanders will have to wear face coverings when patronizing essential businesses or using public transportation. The latest executive order takes effect Saturday at 7am.
Face coverings can be made from common items, including old T-shirts and bandanas. Willfully failing to comply can be prosecuted as a misdemeanor carrying up to one year in jail and a $5,000 fine.
You can make your own homemade facemask. Here is how:
Cloth face coverings should—
- fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- be secured with ties or ear loops
- include multiple layers of fabric
- allow for breathing without restriction
- be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape