Harford County Public Schools is offering free meals to children at 15 sites while schools are closed. One is in Bel Air.
Students in Harford County Public Schools and all children 2 to 18 are eligible and must be present to redeem the meal; parents cannot accept food on behalf of children. The meal program is open to all children, not just those who are enrolled in the Free and Reduced Meals program.
Food will be provided from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. weekdays during the state-mandated closure, unless specified. Meals at Bel Air Elementary School will only be available to 11 to 11:30 a.m. weekdays.
People are encouraged to bring a bag, as they will be receiving breakfast, lunch and dinner during the meal distribution times, and to refrigerate food once they return home.
Initially, 13 sites offered the free meals. On Tuesday, officials announced Bel Air and Dublin Elementary Schools had been added to the meal distribution site list.
- Bel Air Elementary School, 30 East Lee Street, Bel Air, MD 21014 (open 11–11:30 a.m.)
- Dublin Elementary School, 1527 Whiteford Rd., Street, MD 21154 (open 12–12:30 p.m.)
- Aberdeen Middle, 111 Mount Royal Ave., Aberdeen, MD 21001
- George D. Lisby Elementary at Hillsdale, 810 Edmund Street, Aberdeen, MD 21001
- Hall's Cross Roads Elementary, 203 East Bel Air Avenue, Aberdeen, MD 21001
- Affinity Old Post Apartments, 123 Hanover St., Aberdeen, MD 21001
- Havre de Grace Middle, 401 Lewis Lane, Havre de Grace, MD 21078
- Havre de Grace Elementary, 600 Juniata Street, Havre de Grace, MD 21078
- Perrywood Garden Apartments,301 Mayberry Dr., Aberdeen, MD 21001
- Edgewood High, 2415 Willoughby Beach Road, Edgewood, MD 21040
- Edgewood Elementary, 2100 Cedar Drive, Edgewood, MD 21040
- Church Creek Elementary, 4299 Church Creek Road, Belcamp, MD 21017
- Joppatowne Elementary, 407 Trimble Road, Joppa, MD 21085
- Riverside Elementary, 211 Stillmeadow Drive, Joppa, MD 21085
- Abingdon Elementary playground, Ashton Lane between Garrison Circle and Delmar Court, Abingdon, MD 21009