Gov. Larry Hogan made additional announcements Tuesday afternoon:
- All vehicle emissions sites will ease inspections. DOT will prepare to re-purpose as drive-thru testing centers.
- In an attempt to increase social distancing at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, only passengers or workers will be allowed to enter the airport. Check in lines will be eliminated to allow for deep cleaning. Restaurants will be take out only.
- Tolls will be 100% cashless.
- MARC trains will be reduced by 50%.
- All non-commercial drivers license tests are suspended and MVA hours are being reduced.
- The governor is asking President Donald Trump to extend the Real ID compliance deadline.
- Preakness will be postponed until September.
Hogan announced he is postponing the April 28 primary until June 2, the latest possible date to comply with DNC rules. State Board of Elections will develop a comprehensive plan to conduct this election.
Maryland will proceed with the Special General Election for the 7th Congressional District to ensure the state has full representation in Congress as soon as possible. The state will implement a vote by mail system for the 7th district only.